The Beautiful Game, Soccer

Hello  Friends, 

In today’s post, I am going to tell you the most played sport around the world, one of the greatest games ever to be played…soccer!! 

The game soccer, also know as footbal,l started way back in 1863. The game became very popular in the medieval days of England. The English also came up with the rules and regulations. Over the years, it became a very popular sport all over the world.

Before rules were made, the Romans and Egyptians played games with their feet and a ball. But, they could use any accessories to get the ball in the opponents goal.

At one time, soccer was banned because of how dangerous they played it. The football association in England started the same year it rules were made.

The first international game ever played was in 1872. It was England against Scotland. When other countries started playing this sport, America establish their soccer association in 1921. They played with a brown, bulky leather ball. To this day, soccer is the most popular sport in the world and some of the most talented players out there like Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Neymar Jr are being payed millions of dollars!! 

I also play Soccer! I play for a team in the Comox Valley called the Red Knights. I have been playing soccer since I was very little. I also play for a other team called the Rush. There are located up Island. In 2018, I’m going to a Washington State for a soccer tournament. When I went this summer, our team placed 1st ! On the field, I play Striker. I can also >>>>>paly a little bit of mid field but my coach wants me at the top. 

My favourite team is Paris Saint Germain : PSG for short. My favourite player plays for PSG, his name is Neymar Jr. He is one of the best players in the world. He is not as good at Cristiano Ronaldo but Neymar he has speed and skill. Neymar also plays striker but he is on the left wing. PSG plays a 4-3-3. That means they have 4 in the back, 3 in the middle and 3 at the top. PSG has won 7 league cups and have also won 1 UEFA cup.They are the most successful French team with winning trophies! They have a record for 39 wins in a row, unbeaten!! 

I hope you enjoyed this post on Soccer! 

Do you play Soccer?? 

What is your favourite sport?? 

Have a wonderful day!! 

Jack 

I got my information from here.

6 thoughts on “The Beautiful Game, Soccer

• December 2, 2017 at 5:35 pm
    Permalink

Great history lesson on the game of soccer and your soccer bio Jack!

Good luck with your team, the Red Knights, this year!

Reply
    • December 4, 2017 at 4:21 am
      Permalink

Thank you!

Jack

Reply
    • February 26, 2018 at 9:45 am
      Permalink

Hello eamesjay!

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I’m happy that you also like the sport. I’m starting to add more stuff about soccer on my blog.

-Jack

Reply
  • March 5, 2018 at 8:34 am
    Permalink

Hi Jack,
    Great blog on a beautiful sport. I used to play soccer for Atlantic City High School team. I always had love for this sport. My favorite team is Barcelona. I was very upset when Neymar left Barcelona for PSG but I am glad we got Countinho. Neymar recently got injured, I really hope he is back healthy for World Cup. PSG is a very good team, I hope they can beat Real Madrid in the Champion League. Good luck to you and your team from Hazakat.

Reply
    • March 5, 2018 at 9:49 am
      Permalink

Hello Hazakat,

Thank you for coming to visit my blog.I’m so happy that you also play soccer, I’m also sad that Neymar left for PSG but I also really like PSG. I want Neymar to be healthy for the world cup because Brazil needs him and I want Brazil to win the cup.

-Jack

Reply